“Α taksim is like a journey; it begins with the birth of an idea. Then the exploration follows with all the experiences and challenges the journey brings to the traveller until the end.”
The master-class will be focusing on “Taksim in Ottoman Classical music”.
Michalis Kouloumis will study and highlight various musical elements and characteristics for a broader study of Taksim:
- Seyir (structure)
- Study of Ottoman Classical compositions
- Relationship between taksim and composition
- Basic and Compound makams, Modulation between makams
- Several types of taksim (Gırış, müsterek, rhythmical, etc)
• Entry requirements: Advanced, Professionals, ALL instruments with microtones used
• A satisfactory level of sight reading is needed for the workshop
• Participants are required to send a recording of a musical improvisation.
Michalis Kouloumis, has collaborated and performed with some of the most important representatives of the Mediterranean music scene. He currently teaches Violin, Makam theory and Modal Improvisation at Codarts, University for the Arts in Rotterdam.
|Event End Date||16-07-2017|