For this year's seminar for the Saz we will have two teachers from very different backgrounds who have both spent most of their life studying this instrument each in his own special way. They will share their very different but highly compatible approaches to the Saz with their students highlighting both the Turkish as well as the rapidly developing Greek repertoire for this instrument.
Periklis Papapetropoulos will specialize more in the Greek and Turkish repertoire for the uzun sap bağlama (long necked bağlama) whereas Cihan will work more with the kısa sap bağlama (short necked bağlama) and its related styles including the characteristic selpe finger style. The needed tuning for the long necked bağlama will be ‘la-re-sol ‘and the short necked bağlama re-sol-la (from the lower to the upper string).
Both teachers will teach a combination of technique (based on the tunings mentioned above) and repertoire.
At the seminar will be taught:
1. Combination and synchronization of various plectrum and finger positioning techniques.
2. Techniques of ornamentation relevant to the rendition of various local musical idioms.
3. Use of various finger positions in relation to specific compositions/exercises and melodic patterns from traditional musical pieces.
4. Taksims in various makams
5. Application of the techniques mentioned above in the repertoire of traditional musical pieces from Turkey and Greece.
Necessary level for the participation:
• Open to all knowledge level
|Event End Date||30-07-2017|